I got some cool ‘Lego’ silicone molds to make gummy candy for my son who just discovered them, I have researched some recipes (my next batch will be made with real fruit), and I use this one because it was super easy to make and I already had what I needed in my pantry.
- Cold water.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (15 ml).
- 1 package of flavored gelatin (85 gr).
- Cutting board.
- Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water (125 ml). Use a container that can be microwaved.
- Wait 5 minutes (It will be completely dissolved).
- Stir with a fork.
- Pour 1/4 cup cold water.
- Stir again.
- Put the container in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Take it out of the microwave (it should be hot) and add the flavored gelatin mixture.
- Stir again, make sure you stir very well. (Don’t forget to check the bottom of the container).
- Place the molds on top of a cutting board so is easier to carry to the fridge once you are done.
- Fill the molds.
- Put in the fridge for 4 hours (Check after 2 hours, it might be ready by then).
Is an easy recipe, so next time I will do it with real fruit.
Let me know how works out for you! 🙂